Donate

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Offering...

Magnificent Holy Father
I stand in awe of all I see
Of all the things You have created
But still You choose to think of me

Who am I that You should suffer
Your very life to set me free
The only thing that I can give You
Is the life You gave to me

This is my offering, dear Lord
This is my offering to You, God
And I will give You my life
For it’s all I have to give
Because You gave Your life for me

I stand before You at this altar
So many have given You more
I may not have much I can offer
Yet what I have is truly Yours

This is my offering

I absolutely love this song. Maybe it's for personal reasons - as this song was played in our wedding baptism video or maybes its a perfect description of how I try to live everyday. Some days are harder than others and bog us down and it's hard to stand in our faith or rely on Him who gives us strength. It's those days that I am reminded that it's not always going to be roses and daisies but we still have to Praise Him who made us. We still have to give Him glory and remember the beautiful blessings that we have in our everyday lives. Tonight's post is short but sweet. I want you to ponder the words above. They are from a song titled Offering by Third Day.

I will give you MY life for it's all I have to give, Because YOU gave your life FOR ME.

Such power behind those words. Jesus laid Himself down to be beaten, torn, ripped apart, spit upon, screamed at, defiled in torment, hung from a cross, and stabbed and yet did it for love and KNOWINGLY did it.

THIS IS WHY I GIVE HIM MY LIFE - Its all I have to give - It is my offering.

Maybe you want to do the same thing - and if that's the case - feel free to comment or send me a message - and I will pray for you, with you, around you, and help you to Understand and Know Jesus. I don't have every answer but HE does - Let me pray with you!

The Bible says - "In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." (Luke 15:10)

So if you decide to come into the Kingdom - Know that He is throwing a party for you in heaven - Know that you are loved and celebrated no matter your answer!

Jesus loves you and So do I!

No comments: